The following can be seen as the continuation of a previous topic entitled “The DIY table“. After lots of touring across Europe, we realised we needed something more compact to put all my electronic stuff on stage, with some specific requirements such as :
- It as to be able to contain all my electronic stuff (Laptop, soundcard, cables, 5 power supplies (laptop, soundcard, effect processor, volume pedal, footswitch lightings), 1 5-socket powerstrip).
- It has to be compact and strong enough to be carried and quickly moved at the last minute to the stage, with no cables hanging around. This can be extremely useful when you have 10 minutes maximum to switch bands, as it may often be the case in british festivals for instance !
- It has to be removable, and quickly buildable, and fit in a case with all the other hardware.
- It must be nice looking and hide all the cables that usually hang around.
- It must enable the audience to see my nice beautiful handmade enlightened footswitch !!
After some research from the web, I found these ones :
But I didn’t want to feel like working in an office when performing on stage, and I didn’t want the audience to feel like they’re watching someone working in an office !
Moreover, it doesn’t really solve the problem of cables and power supplies hanging around…
This one appeared to be very attractive :
But heavy (9 pounds !), and not that stable on an uneven ground, like those you can find in very old venues. Moreover, the hanging cables problem still remains…
The only remaining solution was to build my own (as usual !!) laptop stand, which I did…
And the final result :
I need no more than 20 sec to assemble the parts !
And the overview :